1. Older dogs are housetrained. You won't have to go through the difficult stage(s) of teaching a puppy house mannersand mopping up after accidents.
2. Older dogs are not Teething puppies, and won't chew your shoes and furniture while growing up.
7. What You See Is What You Get: Unlike puppies, older dogs have grown into their shape and personality. Puppies can grow up to be quite different from what they seemed at first.
10. Older dogs let you get a good night's sleep because they're accustomed to human schedules and don't generally need nighttime feedings, comforting, or bathroom breaks.
9. Older dogs leave you time for yourself, because they don't make the kinds of demands on your time and attention that puppies and young dogs do.
8. Older dogs are instant companions -- ready for hiking, car trips, and other things you like to do.